This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: a question about fix-header.c
- From: Bruce Korb <bkorb at veritas dot com>
- To: Kenneth Zadeck <zadeck at naturalbridge dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, "Berlin, Daniel" <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 09:21:21 -0800
- Subject: Re: a question about fix-header.c
- References: <41EFDF18.firstname.lastname@example.org> <41EFE697.69DF562@veritas.com>
- Reply-to: bkorb at veritas dot com
Bruce Korb wrote:
> Kenneth Zadeck wrote:
> > I would like to modify fix includes so that it adds the attribute
> > "pointer-no-escape" onto the function definition of free in stdlib.h
> > (and possibly some other fuctions as well).
> > I am having trouble figuring out how to do this.
> > Dan Berlin said that you might be able to point me in the
> correct direction.
"correct direction" ?? Maybe I should have remembered the title,
instead of reading, "modify fix includes" too literally.
"fix-header.c" is a different program that is included in the
more-or-less same process as the "fixincl" program that I wrote.
For aesthetic reasons, it would be nice to incorporate its
functionality into the "fixincl" program. I looked at doing that
a few years ago, but determined it was more effort than it
was worth (to me). At this point, now that fixincludes is
a semi-autonomous installable project, it would be a good thing
to do. Not today. Meanwhile, as far as "correct direction" is
concerned, I'd have to "read the source, Luke" to try to
re-understand what fix-header was doing. Sorry. :(