Re: Gcc certification

jf wrote:

Hi,
I often use gcc at work but some times it can't be used because it lacks some certification (even if it works very well).
Is there any plan to certify gcc ?

This makes no sense, what kind of certification are you talking about?

I know that wind river use gcc as a basis for their developpement suite for works, didn't they certified their work ? is this work avaible ?

GCC has been used for many life-critical systems, certified to level A of DO-178B. Such certification does not require that the compiler itself be certified to this standard (a good thing, since it is impractical to do such certification, and no real life compilers are thus certified.

I'm interested by any comments about this subject

Look up previous threads on this subject.