Re: -funswitch-loops not effective?

Richard Guenther wrote:

So to take this one step further - a Flag object passed as const Flag&
cannot have its flag member changed in any way, and as such not by
side-effects of a called function?  If so, why don't we model this
invariant and exploit it in the optimizers?

There's no good reason; we should do that. It's definitely a valid optimization.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC