Re: typeof and bitfields

>>>>> "Mark" == Mark Mitchell <mark@codesourcery.com> writes:

Mark> I understand the utility of typeof, but lots of people get by without
Mark> using typeof at all.  I'm not going to believe that removing the
Mark> ability to apply typeof to a bitfield is going to cause very many
Mark> problems for very many people.  How many bug reports have we gotten so
Mark> far?

I don't know whether we've gotten bug reports, but I did see some
discussion of this problem a while back.  Apparently the linux kernel
used this.

If we do make this change, IMO we should also patch the manual to say
that the max() macro in the example won't work for bitfields.

Tom