Re: Query on UTF-32 encodings for letters

Marcin Dalecki wrote:

Look the problem isn't the fact that somebody wishes to support international
encodings for symbols in code. This may be even helpful to some.
However I still stand by the opinion that declaring them case insensitive
is some kind of wired idiocy which can be only the result of some
polit-bureau group. What are the good reasons to make them such in first place?

OK, but the fight over whether Ada should have case insensitive identifier names was discussed and decided 20 years ago, with almost no controversy. Pretty much everyone agreed this was the way to go. There are many good reasons, which are not worth rehashing here, since this thread is not about replaying that old chesnut! And if you start of thinking it is wired idiocy, and have not bothered to read up on the issue, I think it unlikely to be fruitful to discuss it in any case!