Re: Query on UTF-32 encodings for letters

Paul Koning wrote:

Agreed.  If the requirement is to do case folding independent of
locale, then it follows that you must pick one, and be wrong for the
others that use the same characters but apply different rules.  And
that's why I said "anglocentric" -- though the more accurate adjective
would be "eurocentric" given what you described.

Well for the dotted I case, it is not so much eurocentrism per se that is at work, rather it is the issue of upwards compatibility. (in any case Turkey is presumably part of Europe given that its candidacy for the EU has been allowed to proceed past the first stage :-)