Re: Query on UTF-32 encodings for letters

 Robert> Yes, and that's fine, both lower case i with dot and lower
 Robert> case i without dot fold upper case to capital I (without
 Robert> dot), and so all three are equivalent in identifiers.

 >> That's wrong for Turkish.

 Robert> This does indeed show that case conversion is locale
 Robert> dependent.  But case equivalence in Ada identifiers cannot be
 Robert> locale dependent.  So Ada is wrong for Turkish, and there is
 Robert> no practical way to make it right.

Agreed.  If the requirement is to do case folding independent of
locale, then it follows that you must pick one, and be wrong for the
others that use the same characters but apply different rules.  And
that's why I said "anglocentric" -- though the more accurate adjective
would be "eurocentric" given what you described.

      paul