Re: SPE configuration in GCC

Mark Mitchell wrote:

David Edelsohn wrote:

Mark Mitchell writes:

Mark> As a secondary issue, it would be nice to have a GCC-wide policy about Mark> whether "target-elf" should support all variants of a chip, or just Mark> some. Based on my knowledge of users, I'd suggest that it should Mark> support all variants.

No objection.

Any thoughts from the broader community?

All variants, please. Users want things to "just work", and that's easier to manage if they can just specify an option to choose their chip, rather than doing configure/make incantations, which is harder to get right for embedded. I would go so far as to say that the ability to avoid special configs is more important for embedded users than compile time.

Stan