This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
are malloc/new calls annotated if they may return NULL?
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 10:46:53 -0500
- Subject: are malloc/new calls annotated if they may return NULL?
- Organization: Red Hat Canada
Do we annotate in the IL malloc/new calls that are guaranteed to never
I've been told that 'new' may either throw or return NULL on failure,
depending on how it's configured. But malloc does return NULL on
failure. Can we tell which one we're dealing with at compile time?