Re: Query on UTF-32 encodings for letters

Joseph S. Myers wrote:

If what you require is a specific definition in terms of (maybe a specific version of) the Unicode Character database rather than something locale-dependent and so system-dependent, then indeed the system library may be unsuitable.

Right, that's what I am thinking, it is really better to have an implementation that is local independent, given the standard is locale independent.

Not that this is very critical I must say, I really wonder if there will be
people using wide wide characters in identifiers and getting upset if case
folding is not "correct". We will see :-)