This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: How to obtain info about `-ffixed-reg' at a compilation?
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: "Dmitry K." <dmixm at marine dot febras dot ru>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 23:22:14 -0500
- Subject: Re: How to obtain info about `-ffixed-reg' at a compilation?
- References: <email@example.com>
On Jan 15, 2005, at 11:20 PM, Dmitry K. wrote:
First, for asm-with-cpp programs, like setjmp/longjmp.
First off -ffixed-reg does nothing for .s files even though
they are preprocessed.
Second -ffixed-reg is really only useful when you know that a
register is going to be used by another part like say r2 on PPC
inside the linux kernel, where it is the TOC register for user-
land but you don't want to use it.