RE: What to do with new-ra for GCC 4.0

It seems like this controversy will never go away.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Toon Moene [mailto:toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl]
	Sent: Fri 01/14/2005 03:26 PM
	To: Bernd Schmidt
	Cc: law@redhat.com; Steven Bosscher; Jan Vroonhof; Daniel Berlin; gcc@gcc.gnu.org; BjÃrn Haase
	Subject: Re: What to do with new-ra for GCC 4.0

	Bernd Schmidt wrote:

	> Jeffrey A Law wrote:

	>> If reload is going to hang around (and I suspect it will), I'd love to
	>> see those two areas improved.  I can't express how difficult I find
	>> it to analyze the reload inheritance code.  Reload ordering is only
	>> mildly easier to understand.
	>
	> I'm attaching a proof-of-concept patch, against a checkout from
	> 20050106.  The main things this patch does

	I meant to reply to Bernd earlier that I would really, really like his
	patch, if for nothing else than that it would simplify reload[1].c so as
	to make it more easily replaceable.  Bernd has shown in the past that he
	knows his way around reload, so I would appreciate if this patch could
	be hammered into something that might be useful (if only in 4.1).

	Thanks,

	--
	Toon Moene - e-mail: toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl - phone: +31 346 214290
	A maintainer of GNU Fortran 95: http://gcc.gnu.org/fortran/