Re: [crosscompiling] howto configure libstdc++ to build only onefrom multi-lib configuration.

On Thu, 2005-01-13 at 17:23 +0100, Karel Gardas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm just experimenting with libstdc++ for i386-rtems platform and since
> gcc builds libstdc++ for various sub-architectures of this platform (i486,
> pentium, athlon, k6, soft-float), I would like to ask you if it is
> possible to configure libstdc++ to not compile all these variants but just
> one.
rtems-gcc is multilib'ed to be able to ship one single binary package of
gcc for _all_ users with different targets.

If you are interested in one target-variant only, you can try building
gcc w/ --disable-multilib and passing CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET.

If you want to build a subset of the default multilibs you will have to
edit the responsible file in gcc (In case of i386-rtems:
gcc/config/i386/t-rtems-i386)

>  Also I would like to know if it is possible to use different
> optimization options (-Os instead of -O2) for libstdc++/libsubc++/libgcc.a
> builds.
Not without major effort.

Ralf