This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Serious performance regression -- some tree optimizer questions
- From: Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
- To: Mircea Namolaru <NAMOLARU at il dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: Ulrich Weigand <Ulrich dot Weigand at de dot ibm dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org,dje at watson dot ibm dot com, dberlin at dberlin dot org,Leehod Baruch <LEEHOD at il dot ibm dot com>, Ayal Zaks <ZAKS at il dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 16:03:31 +0100
- Subject: Re: Serious performance regression -- some tree optimizer questions
- References: <OF41AE266F.9B318FFD-ONC2256F88.0046CC28-42256F88.004EE1F8@il.ibm.com>
> >> IBM Haifa has some patches waiting for GCC 4.1 to address sign
> >> extension problems.
> > Zdenek's latest patch addressed all sign-extension problems
> > I've been seeing with my test case -- are the Haifa patches
> > concerned with the same issues or different ones?
> Regarding our intended patch you can look at:
> - The overview of the algorithm:
just by quickly scanning of the proposal, I am fairly sure this is
independent on what ivopts do.