This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Serious performance regression -- some tree optimizer questions
- From: Mircea Namolaru <NAMOLARU at il dot ibm dot com>
- To: Ulrich Weigand <Ulrich dot Weigand at de dot ibm dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: dje at watson dot ibm dot com, dberlin at dberlin dot org, rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz, Leehod Baruch <LEEHOD at il dot ibm dot com>, Ayal Zaks <ZAKS at il dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 16:12:13 +0200
- Subject: Re: Serious performance regression -- some tree optimizer questions
>> IBM Haifa has some patches waiting for GCC 4.1 to address sign
>> extension problems.
> Zdenek's latest patch addressed all sign-extension problems
> I've been seeing with my test case -- are the Haifa patches
> concerned with the same issues or different ones?
Regarding our intended patch you can look at:
- The overview of the algorithm:
- The RFC for the implementation: