Re: New logo gone vectorised. (SVG format)

In article <Pine.BSO.4.61L.0501121831430.18231@odem.66h.42h.de> you write:
>Ian Lance Taylor dixit:
>
>>The hypothetical new logo should represent the compiler.
>
>Besides, even if GCC is one of the foundations of GNU,
>not only GNU OSes use gcc as native compiler toolchain.

I'm afraid that can't really be taken into account.

The FSF still has control over GCC, wrt some political decisions like
keeping the front-end and back-end together.  No, I'm not going to open
that can of worms again.  Especially since I appreciate quite a lot of
the people who work on GCC.  But suffice it to say that, if I had a
compiler that served better the philosophical goals of OpenBSD, and that
was of reasonable quality technically, I would try to switch in an
instant.