Re: New GCC logotype development. (Was:Re: New GCC logotypeversion1.6 (Sorry, I forgot to attach the image).)

Aaron W. LaFramboise wrote:

Vladius wrote:

BUT GCC TECHNICAL LIST IS NOT THE PLACE TO DISCUSS MARKETING IDEAS

Take it up with Webmaster of gcc.gnu.org and get them to direct you to the appropriate forum GCC list is not it.

I will do like You say, thank You.

I didn't success to find any webmaster contacts. Does anyone know how can I contact him?

While those involved with GCC may have grown attached to the current
logo, it is quite likely that there are many other GNU projects that
don't have a logo at all. Due to the nature of your design so far, it
could apply to pretty much any GNU software. Someone at the FSF might
know about a project looking for a logo. Even if you're attached to
compilers, note that GCC isn't the only GNU compiler. There is also
bison, and I'm sure others.

Can You help me with it? I don't know anybody. It would be nice if someone accept this image as its project logo, if GCC ignores it.

GCC has never been very good at marketting itself. Its my perception
that most people who know about GCC, don't. But the community appears
to consider this "someone elses problem," or not a problem at all. But
I think it is; Just yesterday a professor of mine implied in class that
a competing commercial compiler is generally better than GCC, which
anyone readily familiar with both compilers knows is entirely contrary
to fact.

Yes =( .Seems You are right. Didn't hear many ideas from this ML. =(