Re: New GCC logotype development. (Was:Re: New GCC logotype version 1.6 (Sorry, I forgot to attach the image).)

On Jan 11, 2005, at 3:58 PM, Vladius wrote:

Matt Austern wrote:
No. I would like you to explain in words, not in pictures: what you think the goal of a logo is, why you think the current logo does not meet those goals, and why you think that a different logo will meet those goals better.

It is not professionally made. It looks like a vector package test, but not as a final result. I don't say it is very bad, but it is not good, I'm quite sure.
New logo meets those, I think.

That is not what Matt is asking for. That has nothing to do with why to change the logo, this is just like why University of Cincinnati changed their logo, to waste money.

-- Pinski