Re: New GCC logotype development. (Was:Re: New GCC logotype version1.6 (Sorry, I forgot to attach the image).)

One way in which the existing logo succeeds as a logo (a more specialized issue than succeeding as a picture) is that it's line art. It reproduces nicely on a variety of output devices, including monochrome devices and ones with limited resolution, and it can easily be scaled or adapted to different needs. If we ever do decide we want to change or modify our existing logo, we need to make sure to preserve those properties.

Tech. progress moves forward. I really think, that it is not wise to keep in mind consoles and 16 coloured palettes. Would You like me to create low-graphics variants? It is simple. I didn't see current logo in any of these roles, by the way.