Re: ChangeLog rotated

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> On Sat, 1 Jan 2005, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
>
> > What do people think about switching to a form of the naming scheme
> > used by binutils, gdb, etc.: ChangeLog-00, ..., ChangeLog-03,
> > ChangeLog-04, etc.?  I think this would often make it slightly easier
> > to find the ChangeLog entry for a particular change.
>
> I'd rather use four-digit years (as does GDB).  If this is done, it should
> be done for all currently rotated ChangeLog series (e.g. gcc/cp/ChangeLog
> as well), though historical ones such as ChangeLog.tree-ssa would best be
> left as they are.

I don't see any need to revamp/remove the existing ChangeLog.NN
files.  Just start rotating to ChangeLog.YYYY and leave the
existing .NN ones behind; not all are rotated at the new year
anyway, so it'd just cause further confusion when investigating
old code changes (read: *please* don't do that!)

brgds, H-P