Re: GCC for OS/2

On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 22:18:27 -0500, Robert Dewar wrote:

> McDevitt Tavis J 1stLt 66 RQS/DOS wrote:
> > GCC Webmaster(s):
> >
> > Please note that Innotek of Germany has ported GCC v3.2.2 to the OS/2
> > (eComstation) platform. It is available for download under the GNU license
> > at http://www.innotek.de/products_e.html. Thank you for your time,
> >
> > Tavis McDevitt
> > Las Vegas, NV
>
> Note that there is an old port of GNAT for OS/2 that can probably
> be renovated if anyone is interested (ah, the good old days when
> I used an operating system that worked reliably :-)

Actually the latest version is gcc-3.3.5-beta2 available from
ftp.netlabs.org.
I asked Knut (from Innotek) about other languages some time back,
when 3.2.2 was released IIRC, but did not receive an answer.
I will probably try to build gnat when they release the sources
for 3.3.5 but I don't think it will compile with gcc-2.8.1.
The Innotek versions now have their own libc and are less and
less reliant on EMX. Come to think of it, I still have my own
gcc-3.2.1 c & Ada compiler, maybe that would work. I didn't
release it since I could not get the c++ libs to build properly
and then Innotek started to release their versions, so I gave up.

How does Gnat from 3.3.5 compare with Gnat-3.15?
Is there a later public version available for gcc-2.8.1?

Dave