Re: Empty loop elimination in 4.0 ?

Oscar Fuentes wrote:

I think it is always a good idea to generate a warning
when an empty loop is detected (whether or not it is
eliminated), since this is either a timing loop, or it
is likely a bug.

Not in C++.

Can you say why? Note that I do not mean an empty body, I mean an empty loop. Why shoudl a completely empty loop be interesting in C++