This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: how to debug gcc
- From: Robert Dewar <dewar at adacore dot com>
- To: saurabh dot verma at codito dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, arambharathi at linuxmail dot org
- Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 07:36:57 -0500
- Subject: Re: how to debug gcc
- References: <email@example.com>
saurabh verma wrote:
Pls ignore if this is impertinent, but if you want to debug the compiler
itself, then you should be debugging cc1, as gcc is the driver that
invokes cc1 for compilation.
Well cc1, or whatever other compiler you are using. I usually find
it convenient to just call gnat1 directly when debugging gnat, and
not bother with the driver at all. I assume that's what most other