Re: GCC 4.0 Status Report (2004-01-05)

Robert Dewar <dewar@adacore.com> writes:

| don't know about. For a user hitting the bug, it does not make much difference.
| So it is not terrible to issue software with known bugs, since you are going
| to issue it with unknown bugs in any case

That reasoning is specious.  Documenting a bug as known saves us
from receiving deluge of duplicate bug reports and save users hours of
arrassements.  Unless, of course, you don't care about bug reports or
don't encourage users to report bugs.  Do you spend hours per day, as
does Giovanni, trying bug reports in our bugzilla database?

-- Gaby