Re: GCC 4.0 Status Report (2004-01-05)

On Jan 9, 2005, at 13:56, Richard Guenther wrote:
I think that at least known wrong-code bugs for primary release
platforms should be fixed or documented as such.

There is nothing special about known wrong-code bugs versus unknown ones. For a new technology, like gfortran, users will find lots of bugs after the first release. There will be tons of known wrong-code bugs. This makes it pointless to somehow declare the few we know of beforehand as special and deserving special attention.

Of course, documenting known bugs or weak areas of the
compiler is always helpful, but spending a lot of time
on that would not and just detract from development at
this stage.

-Geert