Re: Viewing patches in bugzilla just got easier and nicer

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005, Olaf Hering wrote:

On Fri, Jan 07, Daniel Berlin wrote:

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:

Daniel Berlin <dberlin@dberlin.org> writes:

| The patch reader software has now been installed.

Any chance to have bugzilla threads messages correctly, as already
requested in the past?

This isn't possible without saving a lot more information to the database than we do now, which is nothing (if you look at the msgids, you'll see they follow a certain scheme, which is how it generates the references and in-reply-to headers)

In particular, we'd have to guess at which comment you were replying to,
etc.

You just generate and remember the message id of the New: mail. Then put this id into the References: line of each added comment. This will generate a sort-of threading, each bug is grouped together.

We already do the equivalent of this. It doesn't generate the threading Gaby wants.