how can I tell ada it's been moved around ?

I'm trying to build a bootstrap archive for people who don't have root
rights, or don't want to install ada in /usr/local (possibly because
they already have a gcc there).

Well, gcc happily installs anywhere, and still works and find its libraries
without a hitch, but ada is a stumbling block.

Is there a magic env variable or switch that I am missing  that would tell
ada `okay, your adalib and includes are actually there, don't look in
your configure directory' ?

This is especially annoying since the main reason beyond this bootstrap
archive is to allow people to rebuild ada... and providing a normal
OpenBSD package for it leads me into an ugly chicken-and-egg problem...