Re: is this GNAT error message confusing or am I confused or both?

Georg Bauhaus wrote:

Richard Kenner wrote:

I'd reword it as
    selected component has invalid prefix "X"

I for one find these messages easier to follow.

Maybe less clear but in line with the other "invalids"

invalid prefix of a selected component: "X"

Or, if possible

invalid prefix to selector: "X"

I prefer Richard's first selection, to me it reads more naturally, and the use of colon this way is out of style.