This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: is this GNAT error message confusing or am I confused or both?
- From: Georg Bauhaus <bauhaus at futureapps dot de>
- To: Robert Dewar <dewar at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 12:22:24 +0100
- Subject: Re: is this GNAT error message confusing or am I confused or both?
- Organization: Home
- References: <10501070256.AA12703@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu> <41DDFB15.email@example.com>
Robert Dewar wrote:
Richard Kenner wrote:
I'd reword it as
selected component has invalid prefix "X"
"X" is an invalid prefix of a selected component
that sounds like a reasonable suggestion. [...] it indeed may
make things clearer
I for one find these messages easier to follow.
Maybe less clear but in line with the other "invalids"
invalid prefix of a selected component: "X"
Or, if possible
invalid prefix to selector: "X"