This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: is this GNAT error message confusing or am I confused or both?
- From: Georg Bauhaus <bauhaus at futureapps dot de>
- To: Robert Dewar <dewar at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 12:21:37 +0100
- Subject: Re: is this GNAT error message confusing or am I confused or both?
- Organization: Home
- References: <41DDE692.firstname.lastname@example.org> <41DDF344.email@example.com>
Robert Dewar wrote:
zx.adb:10:07: invalid prefix in selected component "X"
2 selected_component ::= prefix . selector_name
Ah. The hint to the RM has made this a lot more clear,
Still I speculate that there are a few GCC users like me
who have not managed to known all syntactic RM terms
by heart yet, so they can become victims of the
"sounds like" effect that Richard Kenner describes.
(Sounds like I should be perusing the RM, o.K.)