Re: is this GNAT error message confusing or am I confused or both?

Richard Kenner wrote:
> This is an example message printed by GNAT:
> > zx.adb:10:07: invalid prefix in selected component "X"

I know what the terms mean, but my problem with this wording is that
it makes it sound like "X" is the selected component and it somehow
has an invalid prefix.

I'd reword it as
	selected component has invalid prefix "X"

or
	"X" is an invalid prefix of a selected component

that sounds like a reasonable suggestion. It's not a trivial change (because of ACATS base line changes, and changes to reference outputs in our test suite), but it indeed may make things clearer