This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: is this GNAT error message confusing or am I confused or both?
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: dewar at adacore dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 6 Jan 05 21:56:20 EST
- Subject: Re: is this GNAT error message confusing or am I confused or both?
> This is an example message printed by GNAT:
> zx.adb:10:07: invalid prefix in selected component "X"
I know what the terms mean, but my problem with this wording is that
it makes it sound like "X" is the selected component and it somehow
has an invalid prefix.
I'd reword it as
selected component has invalid prefix "X"
"X" is an invalid prefix of a selected component