Re: -funsafe-loop-optimizations

Joe Buck wrote:

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 10:27:05PM -0500, Robert Dewar wrote:

We are talking about warnings here, so I don't see any slippery slope

Except for one key criterion: if we add a warning where there are likely
to be unsuppressable false positives, that warning cannot be included in
-Wall, as it breaks the commonly used "-Wall -Werror" combination that
is used for many projects..

I am not sure what you mean by unsuppressable. As has been pointed out in this thread, you can always recode to avoid the ambiguity/warning, and indeed such rewriting is probably good general practice.