Re: C++ :: Stack array bounds write purify error with exceptions

On Jan 5, 2005, at 12:48 PM, Joe Buck wrote:

On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 08:23:50AM -0500, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
Raghu Annaluru <raghu_annaluru@yahoo.com> writes:

We are facing a purify "Stack array bounds write"
error with exceptions. [...]

As far as I know, Purify has always needed some adjustments to work with different versions of gcc. Since purify is proprietary software, it is difficult to give any useful advice, except that you could contact its author.

Purify operates directly on the assembly code, so if it detects a stack
array bounds write, it is quite likely to be a bug in gcc (though it might
be the type of bug that matters only in embedded systems, where a seperate
stack is not used for interrupts). I recall that the author of valgrind
has found very similar bugs in several versions of gcc, though I don't
know if this one is among them.

No this is not a GCC bug, purify does not work well with dwarf exceptions.

See <http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-bugs/1999-01/msg00240.html> which
explains clearly this is not a bug in GCC but a bug in purify.

-- Pinski