This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: another ia64 (and maybe generic) vector mode issue
- From: "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich at novell dot com>
- To: <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 12:44:54 +0100
- Subject: Re: another ia64 (and maybe generic) vector mode issue
>Yes of course it's dangerous. Which is why it has been brought
>up on this list before that the only safe thing to do is to
>*always* ignore the mode of the argument, and rely only on the
So it is just on oversight/ommission that this isn't done so in
>You havn't said, however, what Intel does with their vector
They pass them in integer registers, and also return them there.
They're not supporting anything but (in gcc notation) V4SFmode at
present, though. I opened an issue with them to clarify whether they
consider their compiler behavior ABI compliant.