This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: c++ stub generator
- From: Nick Ing-Simmons <nick at ing-simmons dot net>
- To: ivanr at syncad dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 10:38:39 +0000
- Subject: Re: c++ stub generator
- References: <002901c4f25e$92c44380$3304a8c0@rachevi>
- Reply-to: Nick Ing-Simmons <nick at ing-simmons dot net>
Ivan Rachev <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>I would like to try building a c++ stub generator which to be added to
>http://cppunit.sourceforge.net. Input to the generator would be a header
>with declarations and output would be a cpp file with empty definitions.
>My primary concern is if I could use some parts of gcc c++ compiler to do
>this. Probably the lexical analyser, the preprocessor and the structures for
>trees. Any link or comment on how these are implemented would be of great
>help. Something different from
>http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gccint/Passes.html#Passes would be better as
>the doc on this link says it is "no where near complete".
I would like something very similar - i.e. a tool which reads .h files
and produces perl bindings for the public interfaces to class(es).
This needs same kind of information, and indeed if Ivan's tool
existed I could probably post-process it to do what I want.