This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFC: Rename --enable-intermodule
- From: Geoffrey Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>
- To: Kelley Cook <kcook-/MQLu3FmUzdAfugRpC6u6w at public dot gmane dot org>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 29 Dec 2004 10:45:47 -0800
- Subject: Re: RFC: Rename --enable-intermodule
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Kelley Cook <kcook-/MQLu3FmUzdAfugRpC6u6w@public.gmane.org> writes:
> I believe that the build option --enable-intermodule is not well named.
> If it followed the pattern other GCC build options, it wrongly implies
> that IMA isn't compiled into GCC unless specified.
> I propose that it is renamed --enable-build-using-IMA which is generic
> enough that other projects in the tree could use the same option if
> they wish to tweak their makefiles to take advantage of the IMA
I have no objection, except that I would use the word 'intermodule' rather
than the abbreviation 'IMA', as people tend to be confused by the latter.
Perhaps you could propose a patch?