This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: regmove and regclasses
- From: James E Wilson <wilson at specifixinc dot com>
- To: Steven Bosscher <stevenb at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 14:57:06 -0800
- Subject: Re: regmove and regclasses
- References: <email@example.com>
Steven Bosscher wrote:
I'm probably overlooking something trivial, but... where does
regmove get its regclasses from?
The register class support was added here:
Sat Jan 10 21:50:16 1998 J"orn Rennecke <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Jeffrey A Law (email@example.com)
* regmove.c: New implementation of regmove pass.
and it looks like it has never done anything useful in the FSF tree.
There was perhaps an extra regclass call before the regmove call
somewhere that got lost when the code was moved from the Cygnus tree to
the FSF tree. Or maybe regmove used to be called after regclass, and
got moved before the scheduler so that we could schedule the extra moves
it emitted, and no one noticed that this broke the code using register
classes. It is hard to say at this point, without access to the Cygnus
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.SpecifixInc.com