Re: -funsafe-loop-optimizations

David Edelsohn wrote:

	While we discuss whether this should be the default or enabled at
any optimization level, can we agree that users should be able to assert
with a commandline option that they want less strict induction variable
semantics?  I hope that we can move forward with an option to address
these performance regressions and allow users to request this optimzation
when they *do* want it, along the lines of the draft patch.

I would certainly agree. I think the first thing to do is to get a patch that implements the semantics we want, in the aggressive mode; then, we can decide whether we want it to be the default at some optimization level or not.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC