This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: MAX_FIXED_MODE_SIZE vs. __attribute__(mode) vs. ABIs
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 16:39:15 -0800
- Subject: Re: MAX_FIXED_MODE_SIZE vs. __attribute__(mode) vs. ABIs
- References: <10501040021.AA23492@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 07:21:36PM -0500, Richard Kenner wrote:
> MAX_FIXED_MODE_SIZE should be deprecated. About the only thing that
> it should be used for right now is mode assigment for aggregates.
> Was it *ever* used for more than that?
I thought it was abused by libgcc2.[ch]. I see that it isn't
now, but that's the context of this discussion, isn't it?
> But if it's deprecated, what would be used instead for that determination?
I dunno. Something that isn't tempting to be abused for