Re: SSE testcase failure

Anders Carlsson wrote:
looking in the intel manuals, the xmm registers are SSE2 only which
No, also for SSE extension
causes the test case to terminate with a SIGILL error on my PIII
that has that instruction.

Are you sure is a ISA problem? Your prg crash with an happy message like
Illegal instruction ?

Try this
int main()
{
  asm ("xorps %%xmm0, %%xmm0"
        :/* no output*/
        :/* no input */
      );
  return 0;
}
--
But how can I implement unimaginable chaos in my compiler?
				-Geerhardt Goos-