This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: SSE testcase failure
- From: Luca Benini <lbenini at csr dot unibo dot it>
- To: Anders Carlsson <andersca at gnome dot org>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 08:44:43 +0100
- Subject: Re: SSE testcase failure
- References: <41D879BE.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Anders Carlsson wrote:
looking in the intel manuals, the xmm registers are SSE2 only which
No, also for SSE extension
causes the test case to terminate with a SIGILL error on my PIII
that has that instruction.
Are you sure is a ISA problem? Your prg crash with an happy message like
Illegal instruction ?
asm ("xorps %%xmm0, %%xmm0"
:/* no output*/
:/* no input */
But how can I implement unimaginable chaos in my compiler?