Re: SRA and DECL_ABSTRACT_ORIGIN

On Sun, Jan 02, 2005 at 01:26:49AM +0100, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> It seems to me that we have two things: names used for debug information
> and names used for diagnostics.

Yes, this is a known problem.  Are you planning to work on it?
Someone else was talking about this the other day on IRC and I
told them how I'd like it solved.

I consider the problem extraordinarily minor, and if left to me
it will be the absolutely last bug fixed for 4.0.

It doesn't help that part of the Correct Solution allows us to
emit proper dwarf2 debugging information for this case, but that
last I checked gdb only has superficial support for DW_OP_piece.
So even if we *did* generate correct debug info, we wouldn't be
able to use it.

r~