Re: -funsafe-loop-optimizations

Robert Dewar <dewar@adacore.com> wrote:

>>Yes, this is why we could have a switch to disable generation of the runtime
>>checks. Still, I think that the overhead of runtime checks done once per loop
>>and "cold" code size increase are still bearable.

> As always, the issue is not whether these increases are bearable, the
> issue is whether the increases are worth while.

You are bringing the issue from a techinical point of view into a matter of
personal taste. You probably don't care about them, others might find
unreasonable to silently break that ISO C compliant code. Fine. I was just
asking if, from a technical point of view, that overhead is going to show up in
usual (non micro) benchmarks or not.

Giovanni Bajo