This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Request for documentation: Do "define_instruction_and_split" patterns apply also in the combiner pass?
- From: Björn Haase <bjoern dot m dot haase at web dot de>
- To: bje at au dot ibm dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 22:08:11 +0100
- Subject: Re: Request for documentation: Do "define_instruction_and_split" patterns apply also in the combiner pass?
<Björn Haase <email@example.com> writes:
<> I am presently working on the back-end of the avr port and got stuck
<> when planning improvements of the back-end. When looking at the arm
<> port, e.g., it seems that the compiler knows
<> "define_instruction_and_split" patterns that are so far not
<> documented in the gcc manual.
<I assume you're talking about define_insn_and_split, which is indeed
<documented. Are you sure you've not confused it by name?
Thank's for your reply.
Of course you are right. Sorry for bothering you and the other list members.