This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Extra 4.0 -fpic/-fPIC testsuite failures on i686-unknown-linux-gnu
- From: Paolo Carlini <pcarlini at suse dot de>
- To: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2005 21:07:08 +0100
- Subject: Re: Extra 4.0 -fpic/-fPIC testsuite failures on i686-unknown-linux-gnu
- References: <200501011954.j01Jsj1n021312@caip.rutgers.edu>
Finally, here are the excess -fpic/-fPIC testsuite failures from
mainline on i686-pc-linux-gnu as noted here:
I'd like some assistance categorizing them please.
I'm trying to help for the libstdc++-v3 failure: can you confirm that, in
order to reproduce, I should just add -fpic/-fPIC to the CXXFLAGS? Or,
please clarify, otherwise, thanks...
27_io/basic_istream/extractors_character/wchar_t/1.cc:52: void test01(): Assertion `i1 == i2' failed.This is a rather new testcase that I adapted from the plain char
I think it's just a bug in the testcases (present also in the char
In fact i1 is computed as:
i1 = ctraits_type::length(array1);
but array1 is *not* zero terminated ;)