This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: ChangeLog rotated
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at airs dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 01 Jan 2005 11:53:20 -0500
- Subject: Re: ChangeLog rotated
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Steven Bosscher <email@example.com> writes:
> I've just rotated the ChangeLog. Changes that went in between
> 2004-07-01 and 2004-12-31 are now in ChangeLog.12.
What do people think about switching to a form of the naming scheme
used by binutils, gdb, etc.: ChangeLog-00, ..., ChangeLog-03,
ChangeLog-04, etc.? I think this would often make it slightly easier
to find the ChangeLog entry for a particular change.
Renaming the files would lose the CVS history, but that is rather
uninteresting in the case of ChangeLog files.