Re: -fdump-translation-unit considered harmful

       One possible remedy is to allow "direct" function calls across
    address spaces. In this situation the GCC's cc1(plus) would be started
    in one process, with a source-analyzing application(s) in another
    process(es). These processes would communicate using pipes and /readonly
    pairwise shared/ memory (each one can read, but not write data of its peer).

       Hence my question: would GPL cover an executable that runs in a
    separate address space, albeit having some sections /readonly pairwise
    shared/ with GCC's cc1(plus)?

I think so.  However, it might depend on a number of details.

Anyway, I don't see how using separate address spaces in this way
would be of any kind of benefit.