Re: [Bug debug/19124] [4.0 regression] gcc generates incorrectdwarf2 debug info

On Tue, 2004-12-28 at 18:37 +0000, hjl at lucon dot org wrote:
> ------- Additional Comments From hjl at lucon dot org  2004-12-28 18:37 -------
> With the patch applied, gdb 6.3 still dumps core.

With the patch applied, we generate correct debug info for the case you
pasted.
I can do nothing more on the gcc side.

In fact, I'm seriously considering *not* applying this patch, because we
still can't guarantee that the base and end addresses won't end up
different anyway.

I'm soliciting opinions from gdb folks and the dwarf2 reflector folks as
we speak, and based on what they say, i'll either apply the patch or
close as wontfix.
In any regard, there is a gdb bug here somewhere that needs to be fixed.