RE: gcc 4.0 front-end infrastructure for C dialects - plans?

Joseph/Giovanni, thanks for your follow-up. Comments below.

[...]
> You may find it useful to participate in the design of how GENERIC and
> GIMPLE are extended to cover OpenMP - also being implemented on a
> development branch, with no guarantee of a future merge to mainline - so
> that such extensions are such as to facilitate rather than obstruct your
> changes.

This sounds like a good way to go. I think we'll first concentrate on
seeing if we can synch up with the CVS head (plus the C parser patch)
and once that is stable, will look into the mechanics of establishing
a development branch.  - Gary