Re: g++ optimization issue??

ColinLaney wrote:
I am not asking for a compiler that magically fixes unwanted properties
of the IEEE representation. I just wondered why it wasn't possible to be
consistent.

Consistent with what? Your expectations? The standard? Some fundamental laws?

For some consistency means that optimization never affects the results,
but language standards generally allow non-deterministic results when
it comes to fpt, so two results can be formally equivalent (they are
both arbitrary selections from a common set), even though they are
different.